BSRI Prescription Assistance and Medication Management Program
The BSRI Prescription Assistance Program (PAP) is provided to help seniors manage their use of prescription medications. Seniors are also assisted in accessing free prescription programs offered by pharmaceutical companies. This BSRI program helps low-income citizens of ages 55 and older evaluate their optimal prescription drug choices and apply for free, discounted and low-cost prescriptions through public and private medication assistance programs.
PAP works with Medicare-eligible seniors to:
- Identify their optimal Medicare Part D coverage option
- Provide assistance in accessing private programs (where available) to fill the coverage gaps in Medicare Part D coverage
- Assist seniors who do not enroll for Part D to apply for any available public or private programs
- Partners with the community’s HealthNet network (medical clinics) to make the Medication Assistance Program (MAP) more accessible to all low-income, uninsured, and under-insured residents in Brunswick County.
- Offers a Medication Management program providing RN services twice a month to assist the homebound with filling pill boxes and answering questions about medication(s).
All services can be accessed by contacting Center Directors/Site Managers or by calling the designated personnel listed in the BSRI Staff directory.
Permanent Medication Drop Box locations: click here.